Uniform Guidelines and Dress Code
PDF of CCSMS Scholar Dress Code and Uniform Guidelines
CCSMS scholars are responsible for wearing the designated school uniform at all times while on school property and while involved in school activities unless otherwise directed by the administration that it is a non-uniform day. Wearing appropriate attire promotes a positive influence on the school climate.
The Administration has the ultimate authority to determine compliance with the school dress code and will make the final determination of all dress code compliance issues. Scholars will be given warnings and will be given opportunities to borrow clothing from the CCSMS clothing closet. Scholars found to be in repeated violation of the dress code will be subject to corrective action.
Guidelines for Attire for Uniform and Non-Uniform Days
- Clothing is to be worn appropriately and in the manner for which it was
- Pants shall be worn at waist level, defined as the area where the body bends when leaning over.
- All clothing and layers must be free of frays, rips, tears, cuts, or holes.
- Undergarments shall not be exposed at any
- Clothing shall not reveal bare skin between upper chest and mid-thigh.
- Shorts, skorts, dresses, and skirts shall fingertip length or longer.
- Appropriate footwear shall be worn at all times.
The following school uniform rules apply every day of school for every scholar unless otherwise noted:
- Middle school scholars must wear light blue polo style shirts.
- High school scholars must wear navy blue or white polo style shirts.
- All upper layers should be Navy in color when inside the main building.
- Scholars’ sweaters, fleece, jackets, blazers, vests, outerwear or other layers over their uniform polo shirt must be solid navy in color.
- Denim jean jackets are not considered acceptable navy layers on uniform days.
- School letterman jackets and/or sweaters are acceptable for those scholars who have earned letters officially from the school through academic and/or varsity athletics achievements at CCSMS.
- Non-uniform jackets or other outerwear must be removed upon entering their first class of the day or returning from being outside at lunch or a field trip.
- Khaki colored pants, capris, skirts, skorts, and shorts shall be worn. All must meet the following criteria:
- Khaki colored material only.
- Jegging style pants are not permitted.
- Navy blue or black leggings are permissible if worn under skirts, skorts, or shorts.
- Belts must be worn at all times with pants/shorts that have belt loops.
- Hats shall not be worn in school (unless approved for health or religious reasons).
- Hoods are not to be worn in the school buildings.
- Sunglasses are not to be worn in any building.
- Clothing or other attire with words or images depicting or relating to tobacco, drugs, or alcohol
- Clothing or other attire displaying inflammatory, suggestive, racial, or other inappropriate writing, advertisement, or artwork
- Clothing or other attire displaying profanity, obscenity, violence, weapons, symbols of hate, or offensive content
- Clothing, jewelry, accessories, bandanas, and/or manner of grooming which indicates or implies gang membership or affiliation
- Clothing or attire that is body contouring such as, but not limited to, leggings, jeggings, tights, or yoga pants worn without shirt, skirt, dress, or top that reaches at least fingertip
- Loungewear, pajamas, and bedroom slippers
- Shirts, tops, or dresses that are backless, strapless, halter-style, cut-out, bare-shouldered, or spaghetti straps
- Extreme clothing or other attire that would interfere with the learning process, cause a disruption of the educational environment, or be a health or safety hazard
- Flip-flops, slides, crocs, shower shoes, or slippers are not permissible at any time anywhere on campus.
- Articles of clothing not included in the school uniform on uniform days when inside the building, including the wearing of layers in the building not compliant with the dress code including denim jean jackets and other outerwear.
Dress Up Non-Uniform Days
School administration shall approve and communicate days for scholars to participate in non-uniform days. Non-uniform days are often associated with a fundraising effort for scholar activities or scholar identified charity with scholars paying for the privilege to dress out of uniform. CCSMS Student Council will host Spirit Weeks and guidance will be provided for appropriate attire during these days. Additionally, non-uniform days will be afforded to scholars who have participated in or earned a reward for academic or athletic success.
Riptide Pride Days
CCSMS scholars love to show their Riptide Pride. On designated Riptide Pride Days, scholars may wear a red, white, or blue T-shirt with jeans, denim shorts, denim skirt/skort, or khaki uniform bottoms. CCSMS branded t-shirts will be available from student council and at events during the year. All other dress code rules apply and prohibited attire is not allowed.
Special Attire for STEMester, Presentations, Performances, Competitions, Club Events, and Game Days
School administration shall approve and communicate days for particular scholars to participate in special days with clothing appropriate for the activity scheduled. Scholars may wear team wear, special dress, or costumes for special occasions when approved by the administration.
Youth Apprenticeships Scholars
11th or 12th-grade scholars participating in the Youth Apprenticeship program or school approved internships may wear outerwear, a polo, or an oxford shirt branded with the logo from the sponsoring corporation or institution after reporting the opportunity to their school counselor. All other dress code rules apply.
- Seniors wear the school uniform and follow all guidelines, unless school administration approves and communicates senior privilege days or additional updates.
- Seniors may wear a red, navy, or white polo with their khakis on uniform days.
- When scholars are accepted into a college, they may wear outerwear or sweatshirt branded with the logo from that university after reporting the acceptance to The School Counseling Department.
- When scholars are enlisted with a branch of the military or Coast Guard, they may wear outerwear or sweatshirt branded with the logo from that branch of the military or Coast Guard after reporting their status to the School Counseling Department.
- The scholar must be in good academic standing and on track to graduate that year.
- All other dress code rules apply.
- All scholars are required to purchase and wear a CCSMS physical education shirt during PE classes.
- Appropriate length shorts without pockets.
- Tennis shoes or sneakers with rubber soles must be worn.
Violations of the CCSMS Dress Code Policy
In the event of a dress code violation, teachers and administration will speak with the scholar to review the dress code policy and initiate corrective actions. The first step of corrective action will be to notify the scholar’s parent or guardian, and the scholar will be offered uniform clothing from the school’s uniform closet. At minimum, a minor referral for the violation will be written. Five minor uniform violations will result in a major referral which may result in appropriate consequences. Each continued uniform violation will result in a major referral, five of which may result the initiation of a scholar behavior contract.
Hands of Christ Back to School Program
Where to shop?
Families can purchase uniforms from any store or vendor. Old Navy, Walmart, and Target have been great over the years.
We also have had great products from Lands End. They have our logo on file, too. They have sales and sometimes free logos or free shipping.
Our CCSMS Lands End Preferred School number is: 900187394
If there is anyone in need of uniforms, we do have a lot of donations and we are happy to have some ready for you to pick up.
Email the firstname.lastname@example.org with a request.
If you have donation, please send them into the front office with your scholar or drop them off at the front office.