Uniform Guidelines and Dress Code
CCSMS scholars are responsible for wearing the designated school uniform at all times while on school property and while involved in school activities unless otherwise directed by the administration that it is a non-uniform day. Wearing appropriate attire promotes a positive influence on the school climate. The Administration has the ultimate authority to determine compliance with the school dress code and will make the final determination of all dress code compliance issues. Scholars will be given warnings and will be given opportunities to borrow clothing from the CCSMS clothing closet. Scholars found to be in repeated violation of the dress code will be subject to corrective action.
Covid Related Update:
- Masks must be worn by scholars while on campus. There may be times or locations designated for “mask breaks,” but those will be clearly communicated.
- Masks should cover the nose, mouth, and chin area with no gaps along the edges. Masks types that are NOT allowed for use on campus: Neck scarves, bandanas, gaiters and masks with exhalation valves or vents are not acceptable face coverings and shall not be used.
- When in temporary remote learning environment not on campus, scholars are not required to wear their school uniform. Scholars should adhere to the expectations for non-uniform days.
CCSMS Dress Code
The following dress code rules apply every day of school for every scholar (uniform and non-uniform days):
- Pants or shorts must be worn at the waistline. The waistline is defined as the area where the body bends when leaning over.
- All clothing and layers must be free of frays, rips, tears, cuts, or holes.
- Shorts, skorts, dresses, and skirts must be of mid-thigh length.
- Sandal style shoes must have a closed heel or ankle strap to secure the shoe to the foot. Flip-flops, slides, crocs, shower shoes, or slippers are not permissible at any time anywhere on campus. This footwear policy extends to transportation on school buses to and from school.
- Hats or head wraps are not permitted to be worn in any building, except in documented instances for religious or health reasons.
- Hoods are not to be worn in the school buildings.
- Sunglasses are not to be worn in any building.
- Undergarments should not be visible at any time.
- Clothing, jewelry, and accessories will not be permitted that display obscene or disruptive language including profanity, weapons, gang affiliation, violence, suggestive phrases, alcohol, tobacco, drug use, or other inappropriate phrases or symbols as determined by the school administration. Scholars may not wear jewelry or accessories such as spiked bracelets, chains or chokers of a size or design that may be considered or used as a weapon.
- Scholars may not wear bandanas, or hair picks/combs, while on campus.
- Tops must be long enough that they can be tucked into pants or shorts and shall cover the beltline when the arms are raised above the head. Tank tops and strapless tops are not allowed.
- Pajamas or yoga/fitness pants are inappropriate. Leggings are only permitted when worn under the appropriate length skirt or dress.
CCSMS School Uniform
The following school uniform rules apply every day of school for every scholar unless otherwise noted:
- Middle school scholars must wear light blue polo style shirts.
- High school scholars must wear navy blue or white polo style shirts.
- Uniform shirts must be tucked in at all times.
- Inside the main building, scholars’ sweaters, fleece, jackets, blazers, vests, outerwear or other layers over their uniform polo shirt must be solid navy in color. School letterman jackets and/or sweaters are acceptable for those scholars who have earned letters officially from the school through academic and/or varsity athletics achievements at CCSMS. Non-uniform jackets or other outerwear must be removed once scholars enter the building, including denim jean jackets.
- Khaki pants, capris, skirts, skorts, and shorts may be worn. All must meet the following criteria:
- Khaki colored material only.
- Jegging style pants are not permitted.
- Navy blue or black leggings are permissible if worn under skirts, skorts, or shorts.
- Belts must be worn at all times with pants/shorts that have belt loops.
CCSMS Dress Up Non-Uniform Days
School administration shall approve and communicate days for scholars to participate in non-uniform days. Non-uniform days should follow the Dress Code unless otherwise communicated. Non-uniform days are often associated with a fundraising effort for scholar activities or scholar identified charity with scholars paying for the privilege to dress out of uniform. CCSMS Student Council will host Spirit Weeks and guidance will be provided for appropriate attire during these days. Additionally, non-uniform days will be afforded to scholars who have participated in or earned a reward for academic or athletic success.
Riptide Pride Days
CCSMS scholars love to show their Riptide Pride. On designated Riptide Pride Days, scholars may wear a red, white, or blue T-shirt with jeans, denim shorts, denim skirt/skort, or khaki uniform bottoms. CCSMS branded t-shirts will be available from student council and at events during the year. All other dress code rules apply.
STEMester, Presentation, Performance, Competition, Club, Game
School administration shall approve and communicate days for particular scholars to participate in special days with clothing appropriate for the activity scheduled. Scholars may wear team wear, special dress, or costumes for special occasions when approved by the administration.
Youth Apprenticeships Scholars
11th or 12th-grade scholars participating in the Youth Apprenticeship program or school approved internships may wear outerwear, a polo, or an oxford shirt branded with the logo from the sponsoring corporation or institution after reporting the opportunity to their school counselor. All other dress code rules apply.
- Seniors wear the school uniform and follow all guidelines, unless school administration approves and communicates senior privilege days.
- When scholars are accepted into a college, they may wear outerwear or sweatshirt branded with the logo from that university after reporting the acceptance in Naviance.
- When scholars are accepted into a branch of the military or Coast Guard, they may wear outerwear or sweatshirt branded with the logo from that branch of the military or Coast Guard after reporting the acceptance to the High School Counselor.
- The scholar must be in good academic standing and on track to graduate that year.
- All other dress code rules apply.
PE Class with Covid-19 Related Updates
- Due to COVID19, scholars will not have access to locker rooms. As such, scholars will not change clothes for PE.
- It is highly recommended that scholars wear appropriate shoes for participation in athletic movement if they are enrolled in a PE class. Tennis shoes or sneakers with rubber soles must be worn for PE. Scholars should plan to wear those or may change into them for PE.
Violations of the CCSMS Dress Code Policy
In the event of a dress code violation, teachers and administration will speak with the scholar to review the dress code policy and initiate corrective actions. The first step of corrective action will be to notify the scholar’s parent or guardian, and the scholar will be offered uniform clothing from the school’s uniform closet. At minimum, a minor referral for the violation will be written. Five minor uniform violations will result in a major referral which may result in appropriate consequences. Each continued uniform violation will result in a major referral, five of which may result the initiation of a scholar behavior contract.
Where to shop?
Families can purchase uniforms from any store or vendor. Old Navy, Walmart, and Target have been great over the years.
We also have had great products from Lands End. They have our logo on file, too. They have sales and sometimes free logos or free shipping.
Our CCSMS Lands End Preferred School number is: 900187394
If there is anyone in need of uniforms, we do have a lot of donations and we are happy to have some ready for you to pick up.
Email the email@example.com with a request.
If you have donation, please send them into the front office with your scholar or drop them off at the front office.