Clubs and Activities
Links for Clubs and Activities
Middle School Clubs and Activities
Middle School Clubs and Activities take place afterschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
High School Clubs and Activities
High school clubs and activities take place during "Riptime" from 11 am to 12 pm Tuesday through Friday and after school. That schedule is shared with the high school scholars and along with tutoring, college presentations, and career exploration opportunities.
Who can assist you?
Mrs. Manigualt is the CCSMS Clubs and Activities Coordinator this year and is here to support our club advisors and scholars. Safety is her first priority each day.
Ms. Hosig is our STEM Competition Coordinator this year and will provide additional supports for all of our STEM related competition teams.
We are excited to continue to grow our extracurricular programs at CCSMS. We will be adding to our offerings over the month of October. These opportunities help build citizenship and leadership in our scholars and create a positive culture at CCSMS.
Information about planning for Afterschool Activity Participation
Please use this sign up form each week your scholar plans to participate afterschool on Tuesday or Thursday.
Please make sure your scholar knows how they are getting home after their activities:
Afterschool Activity Buses
- The afterschool activity buses will leave campus around 4:30, but this is dependent on the traffic in the greater Charleston area.
- The CCSMS Clubs and Activities Coordinator or her designee will wait with the scholars until the buses leave.
- The buses go to central, but limited spots in West Ashley and North Charleston. The updated routes will be posted on October 2.
Car Riders Afterschool
- All scholars who are car riders must be picked up in the car rider loop of the back parking lot for safety.
- Please do not tell your scholars to wait for you on King Street or in the Food Lion parking lot.
- Any scholars not picked up by 4:30pm will be placed in Afternoon Academy. Any time longer than 15 minutes will be charged for the day in Afternoon Academy.
Walkers, Bike Riders, Drivers, and CARTA riders
- Please indicate on the form if your child is to be released after their activity to walk, ride, or drive home on their own. Otherwise we will hold them for parent/guardian pick up.